.NET application Development empowers enterprises to make accurate business decisions, quickly adjust business processes, and ensure that risks are averted, opportunities are acted on, and best practices are implemented. Application Development has undergone a transition over the last few years, with the migration of applications from traditional client/server designs to the Internet. The application development market will continue to see transition in the coming years, according to our recent research. This is largely due to Microsoft’s dot net technology. Application Development companies will need to contend with customizations and demands for more rapid delivery, drive mastery of new technologies and processes for service-oriented development of applications.
Application Development projects are polarized into two major categories, defined by the relative volatility of business requirements and implementation technologies.
In the first category where the business is stable and the technology changes slowly (e.g. ERP), projects are systematic, metrics are focused on efficiency and minimizing the cost of running and maintaining the applications.
In the second category where the business models are experimental and the tools and technologies change several times per year (e.g. internet auctions, wireless applications), projects are opportunistic; success is determined by enterprise learning, agility and time-to-market.
Virtually every aspect of application development practice needed in these two cases is different. This includes tools, methodologies, metrics, standards, cost-justification techniques, funding, skills, architecture, staff attitude and culture. Attempts to apply a cost and efficiency oriented management style to an innovation-rich initiative almost always fail.The combination of the following decision drivers is critical to the decision making process:
- Application life span
- Time to market
- Solution Design
- Desire for reuse
By defining these decision drivers, you will increase the probability of an optimal strategy, technology, people, and organizational structure selection, and therefore moderate the risk and increase the chances to succeed.
- Starting projects with a commitment to the correct strategy, architecture, technology and methodology is critical
- Understanding the client's needs is essential
- Manage the project with the client to minimize risk while maximizing the return on the client's current technology investment
- Field a winning, experienced project team with the technical expertise to enable success
- Always work to enhance the relationships between the client's IT group and their user communities
- Maintain a focus to deliver not only an application, but the fulfillment of the client's real business needs
- Mindfully handle project details with the understanding they often possess changes in direction, problems and solutions
- Make Knowledge Transfer a key part of the project plan
- Partner and Mentor with the client to ensure self-sufficiency.
- Distributed system
- Smart client with win form as well as thin client with web form
- Ease of development
- Ease of deployment
- Xml web services
- Richness of the dot net framework